The National Employment Lawyers Association (NELA) issues timely statements regarding federal legislation and regulations, executive branch and judicial nominations, and federal court decisions that impact workers' rights. We invite the media to contact us about workplace issues, our legislative initiatives and regulatory comments, and our efforts to preserve an independent and fair judiciary. NELA's membership includes the nation's leading experts in the field of employment and labor law, and we work with the press to identify the best commentator for print, television, or digital media stories. Below you will find our current and archived news releases.
To read NELA's comments, letters, and testimony on our legislative & public policy initiatives, visit our Comments, Letters and Testimony page.
For general media inquries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- National Employment Lawyers Association Announces Executive Director Departure
- NELA Commends New Workplace Harassment Legislation, The Bringing An End To Harassment By Enhancing Accountability And Rejecting Discrimination In The Workplace Act (BE HEARD Act)
- NELA & THE NELA Institute Praise Google’s Move To End Forced Arbitration For Workers
- NELA Applauds Introduction Of EMPOWER Act
- U.S. Supreme Court Turns Its Back On Workers In Murphy Oil/Epic Systems, Allowing Employers To Sidestep Federal Labor Laws Intended To Guarantee Workers’ Rights
NELA In The News
- An Expert on How the Entertainment Industry Can Evolve to Protect Against Sexual Harassment, Jezebel
November 8, 2017
- How Lawyers Are Challenging Weinstein-Style Contracts, Law360
- Trump Organization Uses Forced Arbitration Agreements To Keep Workers From The Courts, International Times
October 27, 2017
- Why HR isn’t necessarily your friend if your boss has sexually harassed or bullied you, MarketWatch
October 19, 2017
- Are you being underpaid? These co-workers are most likely to tell you what they earn, MarketWatch
October 18, 2017
- Gretchen Carlson Is Inspired By Harvey Weinstein’s Accusers: ‘I’m Incredibly Optimistic,’ Hollywood Life
October 17, 2017
- What Law Firms Said About Revising Obama's Overtime Rule, National Law Journal
October 10, 2017