How Will Appointments Be Made?
- Senate Appointments. NELA's Washington Office will schedule Senate appointments for those who register for Lobby Day by October 7, 2011. Senate appointments will be scheduled in the morning to the extent possible.
- House Appointments. You will need to make your own appointment with your Representative. If you're not sure who your Representative is, go to www.congress.org and enter your zip code. Please schedule your House appointment in the afternoon if possible.
What Do I Need To Do To Prepare For Lobby Day?
- Sign up for Lobby Day
- Once you register for Lobby Day, you will receive detailed information about the day's schedule, preparing for your Hill visits, and more.
- Make an appointment with your Representative.
- Contact email@example.com, with the details of your appointment.
- Participate in the Lobby Day Orientation Conference Call on Thursday, October 6, 2011(see sidebar).
Lobby Day Orientation Conference Call
You are strongly encouraged to participate in the Lobby Day Orientation Conference Call. The Lobby Day Orientation Conference Call is designed to help you maximize your time on the Hill by reviewing the day’s itinerary and key locations, providing high-level talking points and the current status of the Arbitration Fairness Act and the Civil Rights Tax Relief Act, walking through pertinent Lobby Day documents, and giving you the opportunity to ask key staff any questions you might have about Lobby Day, your meetings, or the legislation for which you will be lobbying.
If you are unable to participate in the call, a recorded version will be made available to all participants shortly after the call.
Lobby Day Headquarters
Whether or not you are able to participate in the Lobby Day Orientation Conference Call, please join us on Lobby Day morning at the Omni Shoreham Hotel for the Breakfast Orientation & Briefing, to get a brief orientation, up-to-the-minute information on Congress, and your "marching orders" for the day. You will also pick up your final Appointment Schedules, reflecting any last-minute scheduling changes, and hard copies of the Lobby Day Packets to leave with offices you visit. Senator Al Franken (D-MN), sponsor of the AFA in the Senate, is scheduled to address participants during the Breakfast Orientation & Briefing and rally the troops for our busy day of lobbying.
The Omni Shoreham Hotel is located at 2500 Calvert Street, NW in Washington, D.C.
View Larger Map
Please contact Eric M. Gutiérrez, Legislative & Public Policy Director (E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; Tel: (202) 898-2880) with questions about Lobby Day.