The Employee Rights Advocacy Scholarship Program
The Employee Rights Advocacy Scholarship Program is a project of The Employee Rights Advocacy Institute For Law & Policy (The Institute), NELA's public interest organization. NELA and The Institute are committed to ensuring that NELA's nationally renowned continuing legal education programs are accessible to those who would otherwise not be able to attend without financial assistance. In this regard, we encourage applications for full or partial scholarships from legal services, public interest and private lawyers who represent workers. Based on financial need, scholarship awards will cover the cost of the Convention registration fee, hotel expenses (room and tax for a maximum three-night stay), and/or transportation.
Download Scholarship Application
To apply for a scholarship, send a letter on your employer's letterhead describing:
(1) your interest in attending the Convention,
(2) the nature of your legal practice or the legal services you provide,
(3) the workers you represent,
(4) the need for financial assistance, and
(5) any other information you wish us to consider.
Requests must be accompanied by a completed scholarship application.
- Preference will be given to applicants who provide direct legal services.
- Scholarships are not transferable.
- All applicants will receive notification that their application has been received, and whether it has been granted or denied. Those receiving scholarships will be sent written confirmation at least three weeks in advance of the Convention. Applicants who do not receive notification two (2) weeks before the Convention should contact NELA to inquire about the status of their application. Scholarships will not be awarded retroactively, and applications will not be considered after the deadline of Friday, May 4, 2012. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Scholarship recipients will receive payment after submitting receipts for eligible expenses. Scholarship recipients who do not attend the Convention will forfeit their scholarship award.
Applications must be received no later than Friday, May 4, 2012. Send scholarship applications to The Employee Rights Advocacy Institute For Law & Policy, 417 Montgomery Street, Fourth Floor, San Francisco, CA 94104, Attention: Scholarship Committee.
Download Scholarship Application
We welcome your financial support of The Institute's Employee Rights Advocacy Scholarship Program. Your contribution toward making NELA's renowned continuing legal education programs more accessible to employee advocates is deductible as a charitable donation to the extent provided by law. You may make your gift online, or contact Leah A. Hofkin, NELA and The Institute's Director of Development (Tel: (415) 296-7629; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
NELA and The Employee Rights Advocacy Institute For Law & Policy gratefully acknowledge Bloomberg BNA, the Kazan, McClain, Abrams, Fernandez, Lyons, Greenwood, Harley & Oberman Foundation, Inc., as well as individual NELA members, for their generous support of The Employee Rights Advocacy Scholarship Program.
Convention Brochure | Registration Form | Online Registration | Scholarship Application