The Employee Rights Advocacy Scholarship Fund
The Employee Rights Advocacy Scholarship Fund is a project of The Employee Rights Advocacy Institute For Law & Policy ("The Institute"), the National Employment Lawyers Association's (NELA's) related nonprofit public interest organization. NELA and The Institute are committed to ensuring that NELA's nationally renowned continuing legal educational programs are accessible to those who would otherwise not be able to attend without financial assistance. In this regard, we encourage applications for full or partial scholarships from legal services, public interest and private lawyers who represent workers. Based on financial need, scholarship awards will cover the cost of the seminar registration fee, hotel expenses (room and tax for a maximum three-night stay) and/or transportation.
To apply for a scholarship, send a letter on your employer's letterhead describing:
(1) your interest,
(2) the nature of your legal practice or the legal services you provide,
(3) the workers you represent,
(4) the need for financial assistance, and
(5) any other information you wish us to consider.
Please note the following:
- Preference will be given to applicants who provide direct legal services.
- Scholarships are not transferable.
- All applicants will receive notification that their application has been received, and whether it has been granted or denied. Those receiving scholarships will be sent written confirmation at least three weeks in advance of the seminar. Applicants who do not receive notification two (2) weeks before the seminar should contact NELA to inquire about the status of their application. Scholarships will not be awarded retroactively, and applications will not be considered after the deadline of February 17, 2012. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Scholarship recipients will receive payment after submitting receipts for eligible expenses. Scholarship recipients who do not attend the seminar will forfeit their scholarship award.
Your request must be accompanied by a completed scholarship application. Applications must be received no later than February 17, 2012.
Send scholarship applications to:
The Employee Rights Advocacy Institute For Law & Policy
417 Montgomery Street, Fourth Floor
San Francisco, CA 94124
Attention: Scholarship Committee
We welcome your financial support of The Institute's Employee Rights Advocacy Scholarship Program. Your contribution toward making NELA's renowned continuing legal education programs more accessible to employee advocates is deductible as a charitable donation to the extent provided by law. You may make your gift on-line, or contact Leah A. Hofkin, NELA and The Institute's Director of Development (Tel: (415) 296-7629; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
More about the Institute